Rising Talent is an initiative with the specific aim of giving young and emerging (or re-emerging after a gap in practice) artists an opportunity they would not necessarily get elsewhere. That is, the opportunity to show their work in a commercial gallery and the experience that goes along with that. We think this may be a unique opportunity as artists can exhibit at no charge and the work is for sale. However, we do take a commission on sales.
In the first instance, we are putting a call out for artists who have never exhibited ‘professionally’ before and who want to take up this opportunity to have their work selected for a group show at no charge.
Points to note
- There is no upper age limit but artists must be over 18.
- There is no charge to exhibit but we do charge commission on sales.
- The selection team will consist of seven artists from different art practices.
- We are open to applications from all visual art forms except live performance.
- Proposals for installation art are acceptable but please be aware of the space your work takes, as there will be up to eight other artists sharing the space.
- The show will be up for two weeks from 25th July 2017
- Approximately eight artists will be selected to show their work in the exhibition in the galleries at Hastings Arts Forum.
Please send us up to six jpegs of your work, and /or a proposal with images of previous work to email@example.com putting Rising Talent application in the subject header.
Please do NOT send us any other information except your name and contact details.
There will be two rounds of selection for the show. Selection will be made solely on the quality and development potential of the work.
Stage 1 will be from the jpeg/proposal application. The deadline for part of of the selection process is 25th June 2017
If you are successful, we will contact you by 30 June 2017. Please do not contact us.
If you are selected to go to the next stage of selection, you will be invited to attend a panel and bring the work you are submitting for selection.
You will be given further information about this if you are selected to go through to the second stage.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org putting Rising Talent Query into the subject header. One of the exhibitions team will contact you to discuss.